Board of Commissioners
The Greene County Board of Commissioners have the job of setting the vision and policies for Greene County's Government. Commissioners are elected to staggered 4-year terms during even numbered years. Commissioners are elected on an at-large basis.
The Greene County Board of Commissioners has adopted an aggressive vision for the future of Greene County. County departments are expected to use the vision statement to assist in crafting work plans and budget priorities for their agencies.
Our vision of Greene County is a premier community in which to live, work, recreate and rear future generations. We will achieve our vision by adhering to the following important philosophies:
- Quality Housing - We are a community with adequate, affordable and safe housing;
- Infrastructure - Our community is a leader in infrastructure development, including water, sewer, transportation and communications;
- Safe Communities - We are a community where all citizens feel safe in their homes and their neighborhoods;
- Business Climate - We are a community that supports small business and industry;
- Recreational Opportunities - We are a community with high-quality recreational and cultural opportunities available to all citizens;
- Healthcare - We are a community that provides state of the art healthcare to all citizens.
Chairman Jack Edmondson
PO Box 116, Maury, NC 28554 252-747-2283 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chairman Bennie Heath
PO Box 683, Snow Hill, NC 28580 252-747-5297 email@example.com
Commissioner Denny Garner
1013 Arrowhead Drive, Snow Hill, NC 28580 252-747-2996 firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissioner Jerry Jones
424 Sheppard Ferry Road, Snow Hill, NC 28580 252-747-2634 email@example.com
Commissioner James T. Shackleford, Jr.
230 Pine Street, Snow Hill, NC 28580 252-747-5609 firstname.lastname@example.org